Great Outdoors

exploring the outdoors to reduce stress

Online

This week, a topic that sparked my interest in the Tech class we had was how we personally feel about university online.

The hardest part about being in a situation as we are now is the shift from in person to online for anything that is able to make that change. I think for student’s who have a hard time sitting still, this has been the toughest year of their lives. I personally am baffled that technology has come so far that it can help us connect in the ways that we do currently. I understand that utilizing this type of progression is important and is extremely beneficial, but the problem is that we are not robots. When I started this program as a 2nd year student doing everything online, I was excited that school had not been cancelled and classes were continued. Fast forward 6 months later and I now have no idea how to focus on anything in school. Time management and self-discipline are extremely important when doing this type of learning which I think is very hard for some people to accomplish.

Even though I am struggling with the distributed learning that I am going through, doesn’t mean it is negative in all ways. Some people have an easier time being online than they do learning in person because of so many different factors: mental health, mobility, access to technology, etc. There are hundreds of programs out there that could help teachers enhance their teaching experience online.

I am excited to utilize these resources in my own classroom but I believe the best way to learn for a student is through that social interaction and physical feel of a classroom that will help them get motivated to study!

This could be quite helpful to anyone struggling with online classes lately!