Great Outdoors

exploring the outdoors to reduce stress

ExtraCurriculars

Sports

In my spare time, I try to get out as much as possible and get active to gain all the positive outcomes that come with exercising. I play all sorts of sports (not professionally, but just for fun!!). I think this relates to my teaching philosophy as I will try to integrate an active lifestyle into many of my lessons. I have played softball, ball hockey, disc golf, golf, skiing, hockey, and most of all, hiking!

Travel

When everything was open before COVID, I spent many days travelling as much as possible. I think it’s so important to see the diversity in the world as it gives you different perspectives that can promote a more open minded approach to variety of situations. This is one of my most important perspectives to model for the students.

Dog Training

Dog Training has recently come into my life and I am beyond excited to share this experience and apply it to my teachings. Dog training is an amazing way to learn responsibility while also seeing how hard work and persistence can physically pay off. It also can be a practice of patience which is an important skill to learn.

© 2024 Great Outdoors