Great Outdoors

exploring the outdoors to reduce stress

Music Blog Three

Now that I have been practicing for at least 3 weeks, I have so much more confidence in my playing. On my growth plan, I said my goal is to know all the chords to all three songs but instead I have learned to play the first 2 songs and will be playing both of them (without lyrics) in this blog. I think when I was writing my growth plan, I thought I could learn all 3 songs but the transition between the chords was a little harder to learn than I thought.

I have started to learn Hey Jude on the ukulele but it seems a little more complicated than I thought. The strumming seems to be the easiest part of the song but the amount of chords and how fast the transitions are is a challenge to me right now.

This is my progression with Chasing Cars:

This is my progression with Wish You Were Here (I think I like this one a little more)

All in all, I’m pretty proud of myself for being able to do this. I have definitely seen a huge change in being able to read the chords properly and with my strumming as well. I will note that I have actually been able to sing along with the songs but I do not have it perfected therefore I am hoping that by the end of the term, I can play and sing all three songs!